Sunday, March 2, 2014

The 2014 “Our Writing Process” Blog Hop

The 2014 “Our Writing Process” Blog Hop

Introduction to the hop:Writers write, that’s what we do. Find out why and how in this new Blog Hop for 2014:

I’d like to thank Mia Maddison for inviting me to join this hop.
I hope you all enjoy the look into my mind and check out the authors I've suggested to you. With this blog hop, I’ll be answering the same four questions as prior participants. 

1)What am I working on right now?
My first novel, Dark Room, is due to be released in the spring. It's book one of the Black & White Trilogy. It's a romance/drama genre book. It is currently with my pre-readers so I've been diving into a few other projects.

Dark Room is the story of Beth, confirmed bachelorette, and William, widowed father. Both have reasons for thinking there is no such thing as true love, but push each other to open up and believe that maybe they're both wrong.

The Eidolon Spirit is one of three novellas I'm working on. It will be a stand alone story same as the rest. It is a mystery/romance novella about Vanessa and Daniel, two total strangers who meet with a long family connection between them.  The other two are WIPs with no titles, but one is an erotic novella and the other is a futuristic novella.

2)  How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Such an impossible question to answer. Everyone's work differs since we are all individuals with different lives to draw our experience from. I use my past and present to write. In a sense, that may be what makes my work different from others. Life is an experience that no one will ever be able to repeat in the exact same way. Different aspects are similar, but the ultimate outcome creates who we are or how our stories turn out.
3)  Why do I write what I do?
I love writing. It's not just a passion, but an obsession. I have an addictive personality. Some things in my life have come in like a lion and gone out like a lamb. Writing has continued to roar my whole life. I am as addictive to it as others are to their children. I have stories, life experiences, that I want to share. It can be for the memories or for the therapy of those experiences. Either way, I want to let the world into my life, good or bad.
4)How does my writing process work?
I follow a general concept. First, I write down the idea and expand it as much as I can on paper. Second, I research names that fit the characters I want. Third, a very rough draft is written to get the general plot done. I never guarantee anything I write, cause the story moves me in other directions sometimes. After I'm happy with my rough draft (sometimes only being half the words of the completed story), I go back and add everything else. When the mood strikes I find pictures of my characters or the cover.

All writers have different ways they write, but in the end we are all happy with the final result. What works for one may not be what works for another.
~~*~~
Be sure to check out the writers next week. I’ve tagged five amazing writers to find out what they have to say about the same questions!
These are very talented and creative goddesses. 
Give them some love!

New author of the book The Lonely Girl.

What if one day you woke up and found your heart had been shattered? You lost the one person you loved more than anything. 

What happens when you learn to move on even though you thought you'd never be able to again? Is it worth the risk to try and let someone in? Is it better to be left alone then take the chance of more heartache?

This time will be different. Becca slowly starts to put the shattered pieces of her heart back together only to have it broken again by someone she trusted. Can her heart that was barely healed in the first place be fixed, again? 

Becca falls for someone new, but will her heart be safe. Will she survive the secrets that come out from the past? Love is worth the risk. Can she really believe that? The question is: is he worth the risk?



Elizabeth Lawrence is the author of both contemporary and period romances. Each book incorporates its own unique blend of humor and reverence, the peculiar and the mundane. In addition to her novels, Elizabeth works as a freelance editor. A lifelong writer and former paralegal, Elizabeth divides her free time between her husband and two sons, her three cats, her collection of cozy murder mysteries, and her mildly severe caffeine addiction. A native of Lawrence, Kansas, Elizabeth now works from her home in Cleveland, Ohio.




My name is Jaimee Jenkins Ellis and I am 43 years old. I have been married for 18 1/2 years and I have 5 kids ranging in age from 17-1 7/8. I have some physical limitations including but not limited to, bad back, hips and foot. I have a degree in Communication Studies from UNLV although I never really pursued a career in PR like I had planned. I live in beautiful Casper, WY but will always think of Southern Nevada (Overton, Boulder City, Las Vegas) as my true home. I'm just unable to live there anymore because of the extreme heat. I enjoy all music but especially stuff from the 80's. I love to read many different kinds of books but romance and mysteries are my favorites.  Janet Evanovich is one of my idols.  I just adore her Stephanie Plum series. My favorite book of all time is Water For Elephants. I don't watch much of anything on TV besides kids shows, but I do love to watch Criminal Minds and have a mad crush on Matthew Gray Gubler. I don't get much chance to see movies, but one over my all time favorites is Pretty Woman - I love me a good romance :)


No comments:

Post a Comment